Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Programming Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

soheyl81

Mechanical
Apr 11, 2012
CA
I have a structural simulation in NX 8.0 and I want to repeat it by changing the applied load angle between 40 to 180 degrees in 1 degree increments, and record the strains at 4 specific node numbers to a text file. I believe this can be done in NX by some kind of programming. I've looked at NX help and it seems that there are too many options (not always a good thing!). What is the best choice here? I do not need to have an interaction with the software while it is working, so no need for any GUI development. Obviously I prefer an easy option that won't force us to buy additional licenses!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are tools in NX advanced simulation to perform design optimizations and you could probably use NXopen/journals to do what you want. But in this case why not solve it with time dependence, create a force load by component and create two fields that change with time corresponding to the load angle. Then you can easily plot the strain for any node or element in the post processor.

That is a clever solution. However, my problem is a bit more complicated. It is a bearing load, so I have both the load angle and the pressure distribution angles. Later, I want to extend it to also loop on some load magnitudes.

I decided to do it in NX Open. Anyone knows of any sample code for repeating the same solution and writing the results? It should be a common problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back