Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX Response Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngProgrammer

Aerospace
Jan 14, 2015
US
I am using NX9.0 out of the box and recently it seems slower than other releases of NX. I know from a windows settings perspective one can go into the "performance Options" menu of the Windows 2007 OS and click the radio button for "adjust for best performance" this takes away of the fancy coloring of windows and turns off various shallowing effects of the OS. I am an engineer and I don't particular care for fancy color scheme and shallowing effects. Sometimes all the prettiness with the way things looks are just not needed from an engineering design perspective.

Are any suggestions for improving the performance of NX? Where are these adjustments? I seem to remember that there is a memory setting but don't readily recall where it is.

Any suggestions for improve performance are greatly appreciated.

thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The 3GB memory switch only applies to 32 bit windows/NX; it is no longer needed for NX 9 (or any earlier 64 bit version of NX). You can find some settings that may improve the display performance in Menu -> Preferences -> visualization performance.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back