Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX10 hotkey reassignment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JF91

Mechanical
Dec 17, 2021
US
I'm a new user to NX and I'm hoping to customize everything to my liking. I'd like to reassign some hotkeys but it seems I need to delete the legacy hotkeys since I can't simply overwrite them.

I'd like to assign the line tool to "L", which is currently occupied by "Make Perpendicular". I can't seem to find where "Make Perpendicular" lives in the customize keyboard menu! It's not under [Sketch tools -> constraints Drop-down] where I would expect it to live. Is there a way to delete ALL hot keys including default hot keys? I would be happy to just start fresh and assign them as I go.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8377c973-b4b7-4d14-9357-17bca86eb239&file=2021-12-17_16_23_15-8YGYN23-DT_-_Remote_Desktop_Connection.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go modify the ones you like to modify and leave the rest of them as is.
Then save a NX role. The Role will store these settings and will not be overwritten by any upgrades etc.
When you add new shortcuts and other changes to the User Interface, select the same role and save.

Why can't you overwrite ?
I do that all the time, find the command you like to overwrite, type the key and press assign.
in the picture I assign "M" to Move Component. Done.

2021-12-21_18-16-54_vsq2z7.png

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back