Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX12.0.2.9 Flat pattern bend radius units incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKKing

Mechanical
Sep 12, 2014
US
We have an issue that has started since going from NX9.0.3 to NX 12.0.1 and now 12.0.2.9 where the callout for the flat pattern bend radius is using the sheet units and not the model units to define this one value.
We model in Metric, but have our US drawings based on inch units and inch sized sheets. When creating a sample sheet metal part, it puts the R value in as an inch units with all other dimensions on the print metric.
Metric_mdl_on_std_print_lyoanu.jpg

If you change the sheet units to metric, it updates the bend R dimensions to metric, but then makes other issues with using a metric print.
Metric_mdl_on_MM_print_emx3qg.jpg

Has anyone run across this and if so how did you get the system to display correctly? This is an issues with production prints going out with incorrect dimensions on them. If manually corrected, they are not updating with any changes in model.

I do have a ticket with GTAC on this. PR9195242 and was informed that it was fixed on a different PR (PR7490630) for NX10. Seems like it has broken again for NX12

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you report that at Gtac? (bug re-appearing in NX12?)

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

Yes as the last sentence indicates, had an IR and now a PR but has been closed twice with the reasons of "is how the software was intended to work" and "was not able to recreate in NX12.0.2.

I need to show my bend radius dimension with a comma (not a decimal point) because of the standards that the German company that I am working for (in the USA) uses - and I see no way of changing that.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back