Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX12 Measure command

Status
Not open for further replies.

gergs

Computer
Aug 20, 2004
US
Hello all,

Quick question.

I am just starting on NX12. Trying the new Measure command. Looks great I like the consolidation.

There used to be an option in NX10 to create Associative Geometry in results for the measure command. I have use for that where I leverage that geometry to create features to profiles that change shape and that nicely captured this for me parametricly.

Min distance is what I am after that can update on changes. Points can work or a line. Does the new command have that capability hiding someplace? I am still digging. Or even a new curve option that can find min distance in this way?

For now the old measure command is there so its OK but if that command gets retired I'd like this option.

Thanks all,
Much appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That option can be found on the little floating toolbar that appears after you select the geometry. Expand the toolbar by clicking on the right-pointing arrows and select the geometry option.

download.aspx

www.nxjournaling.com

Hi SDETERS

The link is pointing to a posting about moving a parts list... :)

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX11 / TC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back