Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

NX13? - Option I would like to see 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
Currently we can open different parts in different windows. I am not expert on programming so I admit I have no idea, but it logically seems we are one step away from being able to have both Drafting and Modeling of the same file open in two different windows within the same NX session.

At first thought it may seem illogical because we can switch back and forth so easily, but its not always so easy.

Often when I am working on drafting and have multiple views and switch to Modeling to do something or get a part name, then go back to Drafting, it feels like it takes forever. We have automatic view updates turned off, but it still needs to regenerate each image and the more views we have the slower it seems to get. Sometimes it gets to where it takes a good ten seconds for each view.

If I could have both Drafting and Modeling open in two different windows at the same time, I could move one to my other monitor and see both at the same time. No longer a need to switch back and forth.

This also would just make things easier at times from a natural sense. How many times have I switched back to modeling just to look at it for a moment? How many times have I switched to Modeling just to hover over a part and get the part name off the tree? To have it open in another window where I only need to glance over at it, or just click the window to bring it to the front and control it with the spaceball and not spend the time switching applications would be nice.

Currently in Native NX, we can open two sessions, but this does not seem possible in Team Center.

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rumor has it that it is because the checkout/checkin is/would be difficult to handle.
I have asked Siemens the same.

Regards,
Tomas

The more you know about a subject, the more you know how little you know about that subject.

Try turning off the automatic symbol update option. Go to file preference drafting, Go to symbol workflow, and turn off automatic symbol update. This will really suck the resources when going from 3D model to 2D drafting. A quick suggestion.

I agree with your thoughts. Most of the time I am running two sessions of NX one native and the other in teamcenter, Using the native one for reviewing and measuring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back