Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX1899 : Site standards -- Part Version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2020
US
Hi All,

Iam curious what is the best to fill in the field for Part version in Site Standards in NX Customer Defaults ? NX1899 is being used.

How does the setting help when using it as NX manager?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

@Cowski,

Assemblies -> site standards -> part name versions? or a different setting? -- Yes

Are you currently using a PDM/PLM system such as Teamcenter or Windchill? -- Teamcenter and Native ( windows folder options )

If you open the link in my previous post and search for "part name versions" it will take you to the relevant section (with examples). When I opened the link on the Siemens site, it took me right there - apparently, my copy & paste link does not.

www.nxjournaling.com

@Cowski,

Do you know if this would also affect Teamcenter search or adding components in NX manager? I think this part versioning is good when working in Native NX.

Let me know if this should be set for effective working on Teamcenter and NXmanager.

cowski said:
To the best of my knowledge, those settings do not affect how TC handles parts/revisions.

Correct. In Managed mode Teamcenter handles the revisioning of parts/components.
There is versioning in Teamcenter, but this is something different compared to revisions...
In Managed mode, Teamcenter keeps the last 5 (I think this is the default setting) saved versions of your part.
Each time you do a save , the oldest version is removed.

Comes in handy when you want to go back a few steps which are already saved.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back