Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX1983 (I think) Loading assemblies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
We create our own files in Team Center. We then have to load what is called an MDM file from GM into our file. Unfortunately nearly half the files are different styles we dont use. So every day when we get into Team Center, we have to load the parts files and then close the files we dont use. Then we expand and pick which weld files we want loaded and load them. Near the beginning of a job that means we need to look up which weld files belong to the job we are doing each day as well.

Is there any way to have NX remember what files in an assembly need to be loaded and which ones to leave closed?

Is there any way of creating a journal that will give you two choices. One will record what parts are loaded in the work file and the other option will be to open only the parts it has recorded?

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You do know that there is an option to "load as saved" in the load options dialog ? This will load ,only, the files your assembly had open yesterday.
but it requires you to save the assembly. ( regular save)

You can create Bookmark files ( Under file save, save bookmark), these are only information about the current loaded files, load status etc etc but not the parts itself.
tomorrow you load that bookmark file instead of the assembly and it will load the assembly as it was according to your settings when saved.
One does not need write access to the partfiles to create a bookmark that loads the parts. ( see the options in the save dialog)
The bookmark is a small .xml file you save in Windows .

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Thankyou very much Tomas

Because the MDM files are read only to us, we cannot save them. But the Bookmark I have never heard about and works perfect. Funny how it is in plain sight and I know my eyes must have seen it many times before, my brain just never questioned what it did. lol

Ken
My brain is like a sponge. A sopping wet sponge. When I use it, I seem to lose more than I soak in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back