Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX2 plotting to Distiller or PDF995

Status
Not open for further replies.

gergs

Computer
Aug 20, 2004
US
Hi again all,

I got some really good advice to point my Distiller Watched Folder list to my UGNX2 Plot output directory. My boss got me on that one. We have a cheaper version of distiller that doesnt include the Watched Folder option. Doh!!!!!

Does anyone know a trick to get a plot to run directly from UG NX2 on Win2K to either Distiller (lite) or PDF995 using them as a queue?

I can set PDF and PDF995 as a queue but I get an error that says "There was an error found when printing the document Local Downlevel Document to d:\plots\*.pdf . Do you want to cancel the job" when I release it to the plotter.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!!
GG

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The best way I know how to make a PDF file is to set up a new Plotter. Set it up as a generic ps (post script) plotter and only outputs to a file is post script.

When you make the plot it will ask you for a name and location to save it. Then open the file with the distiller and it will make post script file in to a PDF that looks just like it would if you plotted it with line widths.

If you need to know more on how to set up this new phantom plotter let me know I'll tell you what you need to type into your PQMGR to do this...

Actually, since he's using the old PQMGR, there will not be any prompts for where to save the file (during the printing/plotting process). He will have to set that up when he adds the new queue via PQMGR....it's part of the queue's settings. However, the new SDI printing/plotting that was introduced in NX3 will prompt you for the save location from the NX Print dialog.

If he doesn't have a watched folder option in his PDF software, he's going to either have to convert from PS to PDF manually or use the Print command and PDF995.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Yes nk were on the same page here. I just didn't want to put up the whole pqmgr parameters up unless gergs needed it.

nx3 and or nx4's plotting has made things a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back