Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX5 file fails to load in NX9

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBaumann

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2013
US
I am having problems opening a certain NX5 file in NX9 (I have tried hundreds of others with no problem). We use master model so there is a .prt file, and a -drw.prt file. The only component in the -drw.prt file is the .prt file... no other reference components. The .prt file opens just fine (no warnings), but the -drw.prt file will not open and I get the following errors (attached are both errors that appear). I can open them from NX5 just fine, and I have run a part cleanup on the files with no improvement. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=94af9320-1983-4f87-b11d-4c2b0a9a3857&file=Error_Messages.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you running NX 9.0.3.4 (the latest MR)? I think there were some issues which have been addressed in a maintenance release.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

We are currently using 9.0.2.5. I will get the latest update and re-test. Thanks John. If it doesn't solve the issue, I will contact GTAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back