Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX5 - Reducing the number of Views (aux views)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zrob

Structural
Aug 4, 2007
Hi,

I hate to confuse anyone so let me try and clarify what I mean since I am not a hard core UGS guy. I am outputing a .prt simple 2D model with one line of text to IGES. Model lines are in (Geometry/Model Space)and Text is in (Draw Mode/Paper Space)When it is Imported to the other cad system it contains more that 4 aux views in (Draw Mode/Paper Space)showing the text is all kinds of views too much clutter.

How do I set things up so Model space is the same BUT I get only 1 plan view for the text in a Paper Space?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry but I don't quite understand your question. Perhaps in UG just create your text in model space without creating a drawing and then export IGES or STEP if you like. If you go through the settings you may also find ways to turn off exported views and turn on exported curves in the case of STEP.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

I am not creating a drawing, just a 2D model but I think my settings are such that multiple view are on as default, and my text is automatically inserted into a paper space/drawing space or what ever its called in UGS; I will check my user options and see if I can turn off certain views.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back