Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX6 -- How to lengthen existing section view line? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gruenhir

Mechanical
Jan 21, 2019
US
Pretty much what the subject says... how does one lengthen an existing section view line? We have an old part that was recently modified to be longer. However, the section view line is now too short for the part.

I have had no formal training on NX (let alone NX6), but playing around with Edit and Style and Properties did not reveal anything obvious to me. I have several years' experience with Solidworks and Inventor, which I've found to be incredibly intuitive by comparison, but unfortunately most of our products are still in NX6 and we have no plans on the horizon to upgrade to a later version. Additionally, we don't seem to have any engineering folks that remember how to do these fine-tuning details. This is my first post but I'm sure I'll be back for more!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is for a section view in drafting?

If so, right click the section line and choose "edit"; a section line dialog will open. Select the "move segment" option (if it isn't selected already), select the arrow line that you want to move, select a new location on the drawing, repeat as necessary, press apply then cancel to dismiss the dialog.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back