Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX8.0.2.2 Update service packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tqqlin

Mechanical
Sep 21, 2005
CA
We are a company currently running NX8.0.2.2 we have stopped getting maintenance. Since we have purchased the software are we allowed to update the maintenance packs to the latest NX8.0 packs, without repercussions from Seimens?
Rob

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Without Maintenance you wont have access to GTAC to get the official files unless you have other NX seats still under maintenance.

I'd be leery of getting MR's and MP's from other sources, besides being illegal you never know if they've been altered.

To my knowledge you are free to update within the bought version.
I think that the Siemens download page is "smart" and let you download the software you have bought, It will check the license corresponding to your webkey and expose only the software that you own.
I am a partner of Siemens and have access to "much" of their portfolio, the list of software I see on the download page is very very long.
When i log on using one of our customers webkey/username, the list of software is shortened corresponding to the customers license.

Remember that it's the combination of software AND a license that the software developers want money for, software without a license is worthless.

Regards,
Tomas

Are you sure you need an update?
The last one for NX 8.0.2 was MP3 in November 2013.

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success
Siemens PLM Software

Hi Mark,
We have found a few bugs in 8.0.22, and the most upto date service pack may help. But legally are we allowed to update within NX8?
Rob

You need to be under maintenance and have a webkey account to access the GTAC download center.
I can't answer the legal question - check the fine print in your End User License Agreement.

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success
Siemens PLM Software

do you have a webkey ? If not, try to register to see if Siemens systems allows you to.
can you access the download page at Siemens support page ?
What do you see on the downlooad page ?

Speak to your local Siemens sales office, they should know the legal stuff.

* I looked at the download page and it seems that NX8.0.3 and MP13 is the latest NX8 software.

Regards,
Tomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back