Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX8 to NX9 Raster Image Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

almakuch

Automotive
Oct 31, 2009
US
To All,

I do Class "A" surfacing, and to capture some characteristics from renderings, I would in the past, open up the jpg from my industrial designer from Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. and save a TIFF image off and bring it in as a raster image on plane.

If anyone has any knowledge of this happening to them, or can try to open an older file with an image in it, I would appreciate some feed back.

I know we have enhanced the raster image operator to grab PNG and JPG now. But my question is that when I pull up legacy files that had a raster image in it already, it doesn't display the image just a greyish sheet with no detail. It acts as though it doesn't know what it is because when you go to edit it, it asks you what image do you want to replace it with.

New rasters are now in the Image Node now as well, and not a feature in the part navigator which I think is harder to manipulate (blank, unblank...suppress, unsupress) because all you can do from the node region is delete it or remove it from the Node.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I have reproduced in NX9 your problem with lecacy part if the tiff file is not anymore in the part folder.

NX8.5 is able to search where is the tiff file on the disk (but I don't how ???)

NX9 doesn't do this search and NX9 is looking in the ugstudio folder.

download.aspx

So the workaround is to place the tiff image in %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGSTUDIO

download.aspx

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

To see the older images, you need to be in Studio mode.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi Almakuch,

Could you confirm that your problem is not the studio mode not setted in NX9 ? The same mistake could occured in previous version.

It was so simple that I did not ask you. And you were talking about a greyish sheet like above.

Hi John,

Could you confirm my test by moving the tif file in another folder then try to open the part file in NX8.5 ?
It takes more time but NX8.5 is able to find the tiff file, but I don't how (some load options like assembly !!!)
Now try to open the file in NX9 and the tiff file with be replaced with %UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugstudio\mottled.tif

Regards
Didier Psaltopoulos

I am running studio mode and still the image is just grey....but when I insert a new image it displays...I am very versed with this process....and it seems that there is a problem with legacy files..

As John suggested....I am running in studio mode to no avail....also the legacy raster image asks differently than a newly inserted, fresh NX9, as to look for the image...not edit....As Didier experienced

Check if Two-Sided Light helps.
In NX7.5 the toggle is under Visalization Preferences Visual tab.
If it is off then toggle it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back