Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX9 - some old drawings will not add new flat pattern view 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonJackson

Mechanical
Jan 30, 2014
US
Working here in NX9, coming from NX6. In NX6 we were using the old flat patterns...and naturally we are now moving to using the new ones. However, seemingly random, some of our old drawings do not list the new flat pattern layout when inserting the view. Yet if I start a new drawing a flat pattern view is selectable as usual. So perhaps this is a setting or disconnect with existing drawings (some of which may be quite old, stretching back to earlier versions of NX.

Any ideas what may be causing this and how to resolve it aside from creating a new drawing?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This sounds like something that GTAC might be better equipped to track down what the issues are and what might be done to avoid them.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks for the input guys. After trying everything to get this to work we have decided to send the problem to GTAC so they can take a look.

Please let us know how the problem is resolved, DonJackson. Other users are experiencing this same problem.

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

And have these 'other users' contacted GTAC as well? And if not, WHY NOT?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

After getting a response from GTAC it looks like cowski was was on the right path, with one minor caveat...

It turns out that the drawing was selecting itself during the base view import, which naturally resulted in no flat pattern. However, in my case, the 'Select Part' window to choose the source wasn't appearing in my 'Base View' dialog box. Which means that I couldn't actually see the problem or solve it. The fix? I had to 'refresh' my dialog box using little circular arrow button next to the 'x'. After doing that the hidden 'select part' dialog was revealed with the drawing number highlighted instead of the required master model.

Hopefully this helps out others having the same issue. Although GTAC alerted us to the problem, we ended up figuring out the refresh part on our own after multiple users were not showing the same options in their dialog boxes.

Thanks DonJackson.

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back