Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nx9 - Transfer customizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

icetea73

Apr 10, 2013
DE
Is there an easy way to transfer ui customizations between applications? I know I can do it manually messing around manually with the user mtx and an xml editor which is better than nothing.
For example I would like to share all customizations I have made to the modelling application with the routing applications. An automatic synchronization would be even better.
In my case I would for example love to have the same Assemblies Tab and Top Border Bar in every application. Being able to customize each app individually is great but being forced to do so is quite annoying.
Is that possible or are there any plans to provide such functionalities in future nx versions?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you looked at using file based customization instead of interactive? This alternative allows you to just place files in specific application folders, and the UI loads and unloads the customizations for you. It's also a good alternative if you are managing customization for a group of users.

If you are not familiar with it, there is a good document available on the Siemens support site:

[URL unfurl="true"]https://download.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/unigraphics/ugdoc/nx9/nx-9.0.0/NX_Ribbon-Customization_and_Transition.docx[/url]

Mark Rief
NX CAM Customer Success
Siemens PLM Software

Thank you, but that is not quite what I was looking for. I know that there are options for 'static' customizations but that doesn't help keeping customizations that happen on-the-fly during work in sync between the different apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back