Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

NX_Catia V5 translator license

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimsled

Automotive
May 13, 2021
US
Hello All,
I try to open catia file with NX 10 but there is a warning popped up "There are no licenses available for NX_CATIAV5 translator."
Do i need to purchase this license? do you know how much cost for this add on?

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, you do not need to purchase them. It could be that someone in your company is utilizing it.
You can also access it from your Windows start menu.
Siemens NX -> Translator Catia _

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

Here's the quick way to get it working:
Close NX. Windows start menu, choose "settings"; search for "environment" in the "find a setting" box. Pick "edit environment variables for your account"; the environment variable dialog will open. The top 1/2 of the dialog will be for user variables, hit the "new..." button, enter UGII_JAVA_HOME for the name and use browse directory to find your java directory (for me it is "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_211"; the last bit will depend on the version you have installed). OK the dialogs and restart NX.

www.nxjournaling.com

Good morning Cowski,
Thank you for your help, By following your instruction i got it works now, But it only translate Iges,Step,DWG..
I am still having trouble to translate the Catia v5 file ( please attached.)All i have it just text document (the bottom picture). Do you have any idea why?

Again Thank you for your help.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=da0282af-1576-4221-be7e-74216859f6ba&file=Catia_V5_NX_Translate.jpg
How big is this Catia file (in bytes) ?
I have never needed to do a Catia translation but I see we have a choice of translating two different versions. Obviously make sure you are utilizing the correct version.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back