Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[NXJournal - Python] Problem with FEM Mesh Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elefkasius

Mechanical
Apr 10, 2019
DE
Hello,

I'm relatively new to NXOpen (Journal).

So I'm trying to automate an FEM Simulation to understand the vibration characteristics of my part.
I have two problems.

1) I recorded the generation of the 3d tetrahedral mesh. Everything as usual.
But when I start the code, there is an Error with the mesh generator. The critical line of code is the following:

mesh3dTetBuilder1 = meshManager1.CreateMesh3dTetBuilder(NXOpen.CAE.Mesh3d.Null)

It gives the NXException: Internal Error. I can fix this error by clicking on "3D Tetrahedral" and opening the window for the mesh generator.
If the window is opened the error won't be raised. So it needs to be open somehow. Any idea how to automatically open it?

2) The window is opened and if I continue the journal, it raises a different error, because of this line of code:

added1 = mesh3dTetBuilder1.SelectionList.Add(cAEBody1)

This gives me an Internal Error: memory acces violation.
I read a lot about it here in the forum. My specs should be sufficient for the task:
Intel i5 3,1 Ghz, 4 core, RAM 8gb, windows10 enterprise
I think its probably because I don't have the administration rights in my company. Should a talk with the IT Department fix this issue?

You can read the full code in the attachment.

Greetings from germany and thanks in advance,
Elefkasius

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7a7d177b-9b7b-4fd4-b9a0-7b3f6e49f9f4&file=mesh2.py
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back