Nylon 66 30 percent glass filled fiber CTE value

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregf84

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2013
US
Hello,
Does anyone have the thermal coeff. of expansion value for nylon 66 with 30 percent glass fiber filled material? I really need to know this for the temperature range of 15 C to 200 C. I found a value for low temperatures but I need the high temperature value. Any useful web site links will be appreciated also.

Greg.............

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello dgallup,
Yes, I do realize that. This would be for an injection molded nylon part that should have some of the fibers in a random orientation. I did find some info at Matweb but not much for higher temperatures. I could not connect to your link. Thanks away.

Greg..........

Let me look at home. I have a report from dupont that had data parallel and transverse to the flow direction. Cant remember if it included CTE data.

Rick Fischer
Principal Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory

Hello Rick,
Thanks alot. This is the best collection of data I have seen on the subject. I am assuming that all of trade names; Zytel, Minlon, and Rynite are various forms of Nylon 6,6. Am I correct?

Greg.........

Hello Rick,
Thanks again. Are theses Dupont materials also 30 percent glass fiber filled nylon 6,6 materials?

Greg.......

Well, that's what the internet is for.

The Zytel 70G33 is a rubber toughened 33% glass filled 6,6 nylon. Minlon is a mineral reinforced nylon. Rynite is a polyester.

Rick Fischer
Principal Engineer
Argonne National Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back