Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nylon PA6 quality injection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimopop

Industrial
Jun 16, 2019
DZ
Hello,

I am trying to make a product by an injection machine copying it from a sample however, I cannot get the same nylon result.
I tried right now two different nylon suppliers the result is far from the requested quality. how I can fix this problem.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just do it like the sample, how is that so hard?

Seriously, you have given very little information on what problems you are having, what defects you are seeing, what kind of material you are using (there are a lot of varieties and mfgr's of PA6), filler, drying method, post molding conditioning...etc. etc. et fng cetera.

Thank you btrueblood for your answer,

I am going to produce nylon anchor. After I compared the 2 materials I noticed
The prefered material : flexible, little rigid,can resist to the mechanical effects
The material I got : too flexible,little soft, expend more than the prefered material with mechanical effects.

WhatsApp_Image_2019-06-29_at_4.14.40_PM_uge0hz.jpg

Is the grade of nylon you are trying an impact modified grade? Is it actually nylon? What manufacturer is it and what grade is printed on the bag?

www.tynevalleyplastics.co.uk

Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement.

I can't see that particular grade on their website, but the other grades prefixed 4F are described as having 'improved softness', which is just what you do NOT want.
Just use a different grade.

www.tynevalleyplastics.co.uk

Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back