Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Nylon Spacers 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serrand

Mechanical
May 9, 2007
CA
Hello everybody,
I am looking for a nylon spacer for a 2-56 machine screw with a length of 9/32" or 7mm. I have been looking all over but all I can find is a version on McMaster which is over a dollar per spacer, I could get them machined locally for probably less. So if anybody has an idea, maybe in China, please let me know.
Thank you very much in advance
Domenic

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thank you, but I have tried them already they didn't have the length I need

How about Micro Plastics - They are really fast at sending out samples.

Heckler [americanflag]
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SWx 2007 SP 4.0 & Pro/E 2001
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

This post contains no political overtones or undertones for that matter and in no way represents the poster's political agenda.

By samples from Mcmaster, and see if there is a manufacturer named on the package.

The Tick has a good point. I've bought stuff from McMaster Carr and it comes in the original mfg packaging.....then I know the supplier. I've only been able to get the supplier from a MMC rep once and it was only because they didn't carry the size I needed.

Heckler [americanflag]
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SWx 2007 SP 4.0 & Pro/E 2001
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

This post contains no political overtones or undertones for that matter and in no way represents the poster's political agenda.

thx a lot guys, but once again I have also looked through microplastics and 9/32 seems to be a real oddball. I will however try the sample method.
Cheers

Not necessarily right for your situation but…

At my place we’ll often pick parts out of McMaster, order enough for prototypes etc.

When it gets into production our purchasing people frequently get an equivalent item from a local hardware supplier ( [Don’t get me started on how equivalent is determined…]

So do your purchasing people have a preferred supplier you could go to, or have you already asked them/doesn’t apply to your situation?

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

a qoute to local suppliers is out at the moment so we are waiting to hear back from them.
thanks for the quick reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back