Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

O/S Error: signal 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomFlyer

Aerospace
Feb 26, 2005
US
Well, I haven't received any replies regarding the "Entering Drafting:Internal Memory access violation" error I get when trying to print to either a desktop printer or Adobe PDF. Looking through my NX4 log file I see several instances of "O/S Error: signal 11" with a string of unknown file stuff. Anybody know what that's about?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Signal11 errors are low level arrors that GS has no method of capturing the exact reason and returning a useful error message. Your best bet is to contact GTAC and let them look at the file and the syslog.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
Sr IS Technologist
L-3 Communications

Thanks for the reply, Ben.
I believe this problem is related to one of my previous posts where I get an Internal Error: Memory Access Violation when I try to print to either my personal desktop printer or Adobe PDF.
The weirdest thing is that I went so far as to replace my hard drive with another, install Windows XP, install NX4 and my Spaceball drivers, etc. The program worked with this setup, i.e. printed to the printer, PDF, and plotted to our network HP2800. So all was sorta well. Putting the original drive back in the machine yielded the same Internal Error, yada yada yada. I've done a repair install of NX4, uninstalled NX4 completely, including removing any trace of UG, UGS, and Unigraphics from the registry, deleting the UGS folder from the drive to remove the crumbs left after an uninstall, defragging the drive to be sure the crumbs are gone, and reinstalling NX4 from scratch again, all with no joy.
I have to think that there's some software or configuration glitch that's causing this, and I'm reluctant to uninstall everything one by one (with the obligatory reboot between each) to figure out what this is.
I was hoping that someone had a similar experience with this problem and had better memory retention than I as to what they did to start this.
I guess if there's no pain - no gain. <Heavy sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back