Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

obd2b engine to obd1 ecu

Status
Not open for further replies.

R710

Automotive
Dec 1, 2008
US
hi, im trying to figure out how to integrate variable timing control(cam angles) into an obd1 ecu. i also need to figure how to use the single coil output and distribute it amongst 4 coils. if i were to use and obd1 ecu and convert the obd2b crank position, speed sensor, cam 1 and 2 sensors to analog signals then i could technically run and obd2b engine with an obd1 ecu right? its been rattling my brain for weeks now, i just dont like the idea of one aftermarket company monopolizing that industry. if i am to do this its just to prove a point thats all. i know that i could buy a standalone ecu and harness and be done instead of going and buying this companys product. i just want to do it this way because it seems easier than a microscope and adding my own microprocessor to an obd2b ecm, but im nt against that idea either. if anyone has figured out how to modify and make a obd2b ecu programmable please let me know. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back