Object display issues in Femap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jankowski

Aerospace
Aug 17, 2005
US
Hi,

I am a new femap user comming from Ansys and I had a question about the way a part displays. I have imported a solid model assembly in from UGS and would like to add connections between the parts.

What I am interested in know is when I click on a part in the Model Info >> Geometry menu, when i click on a part like "2..Part:2" how do i make it stand out from the other parts. In ansys, it would turn green.

Also related to this, when I select a connection from the Model Info >> Connectors menu, how do I get it to highlight to two parts when I click on "2..Region 3-1" so I can see the contact region? In ansys these two parts would be solid and everything else would go to a dim profile.

Thank you,

Joe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So I have been playing with this a little more and can clarify my question. When I click on a connector region, there is an option to show the master or slave. Is there a way that I can enable this to be the default view when i select the region ratehr then having to right click and select one or the other?

Also I have noticed that when I click on a part in the model window, and select activate, it appears in blue text on the Geometry menu. Is there a way to make this work the otehr way, so that it highlights the part when i select it from the geometry menu?

Thanks,

joe

Thank you, i think i figured it out, it would appear that there is a show highlighted button at the top of the Model Info bar.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back