Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

offline license problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleske

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2006
US
We are running R21 and R2012. I extracted the MD2 license so as to work from home and restitued it when I came back to work. Now the Nodelock License Manager shows I have no offline licenses. But, License Use Runtime shows that I still have the license offline. We tried running the I4blt -C command, stopping and restarting the server. Ran clear on the Nodelock management, even clean expired licenses. Nothing. I show no offline licenses on my computer but the License Use Runtime shows I do. So, now we have a license that is unusable until, hopefully, the expired time. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

IBM recommends to reduce the default 30 day offline period for the instability reason. What version of LUM server are you running? Could you migrate forward to Version 4.6.8, Fix Pack 15?

Win XP64
21SP7/22SP5, 3DVIA Composer 2013X, ST R20
Dell T7400 16GB Ram
Quadro FX 4800 - 1.5GB

Hello,
I completely agree with DBezaire.You must not set the offline period more than 2-3 days.That is what our CATIA provider also suggested us.
May be you can ask your system administrator.

Regards,
Himanshu

Thanks all. We were, finally, able to reset the hung up licenses and are going to reduce the offline period as suggested. Appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back