Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Oil Suplly & Fill Pipe Routing IRC M2202

Status
Not open for further replies.

splyndmd

Structural
Sep 5, 2005
US
Have a cust. with an 1948 Post WWII Cape Cod In Maryland.
He has 2 X 275 gal. holding tanks in Basement. The existing Fill & Vent Gal.Stl Piping exits the basement through Fnd. Wall Below water table and into soil (CLAY)then up to required lenghts to protect from snow.

The problem is that they happen to be placed at the corner of his home right where the buck footing was poured for his chimney. Enter a remuddler/investment owner, approx 10 yrs ago who, while installing a nightmare of an uneeded interior trench-sump drainage system, lifted and tweaked the tanks to enable the work inside along the basement walls.

Someone forgot to tell him that those pipes had been (why I don't know??) poured and set with the footing for the Chimney to basement tie in.

Not only did they screw up the walls, but they then set the # 2 tank that had it's right end legs-10" sitting on basement slab, interior-6" sitting on a slab pour even with the #1 tank and furnace, back down !!AS IS!! leaving the tank and all fittings tweaked/bent/leaking/leaning-(tanks on each other) but they also broke apart the exterior support shelf.

Still with me?

So they just poured some hydro. cement outside, backfilled with clay and went home.

Nature did what it does and soon homeowner had 2-4" holes below grade 2 ft. from a gutter downspout on the dwn. slp. side.

IRC M2202 addresses types of pipes and sizing, but Since I have multiple issues (Foundation walls 2 grade change-even with basement win. 2 brick exterior (also backfilled :<( ]
I am trying to find a once and for all solution to allow for the reworking of the chimney's support structure/grading issues etc, and eliminate having these pipes where they are.

My only other choice is limited and will mean brick work, etc, etc,.

Does anyone know of any more clearly stated or limitations on routing the fill/vent lines beyond IRC M2202.

The protection guidelines for thier exterior exposure is clear, but they're a little sketchy on routing and support requirements.

Any help or comments (pics avail) GLADLY APPRECIATED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back