Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Olet fitting sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK47

Mechanical
Jun 9, 2009
AU
thread292-326030
KIWI 2671 may be able to answer my question which relates to the pages 37,38 & 40 of the Bonney Forge catalogue. Does the reference to 'flat' in the tables mean that they produce an olet fitting that can be connected to a flat plate?
Also in the table at the top of page 38 I do not understand the range of run sizes which for 1/8 are listed as;
1/8
1/2
1-3/4
2-1/2-1-1/4
36-3
flat

The 4th and 5th line above don't make sense to me. Can you interpret?

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Would be better if you cut the original in, but looks like the 4th line means that weldolet can be used for any pipe diameter between 1.25" to 2.5" nominal size

The 5th line means that that fitting can be sued for any nominal sized pipe between 3" and 36".

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

The Bonney Forge caltalog is available here

Yes, the "flat" designation basically means that for larger radius runs, the curvature is such that the gap between the 'olet and run is maintained within MSS-SP-97 requirements (see "How it Works" on page 38 of the catalog / page 22 of the pdf) regardless of run diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back