Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

omron plc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You will be pleasantly surprised when you can capture events with the "data trace" feature of Omron. Just set up the bits/words you want to monitor, and set the trigger bit (an error, etc.), start the data trace, and walk away. When the next error occurs, reconnect your CX Programmer terminal and upload the data trace to see what caused the error. It's great! I recently changed jobs from an Omron company to a strict Allen Bradley company. I miss being able to troubleshoot so easily. CX Programmer has its quirks, but it's still a TON quicker to use once you get the hang of it. The latest CX Programmer software was sold as CX One before I left my previous company. Have fun learning!

We recently changed to Omron PLC,s. The software used was CX programmer Version 5. Omron has brought out Version 6.1 now which has a built in simulator so you can check your program before even running it in the plant. I find Omron a little more difficult than Telemechanique PLC,s which i still rate very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back