Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

On delay one shot timers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocco709

Mechanical
Jul 11, 2008
US
I need help setting up a one shot timer, what we want to do is ....
main power is on, when the start button is pushed, we want a 30 minute delay, then a hone moves in to a knife for 10 seconds. we want the timer to self re-initiate, and if the stop button is pushed during the 30 minute delay, we do not want a reset, but a continuation of the count/time from where it was stopped. How can I do this? Can I do it wit a single counter/timer, or do I need more than one unit?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There's probably some kind of universal time relay that can do that for you.

A very versatile device is the Siemens LOGO! It can be told to do what you want it to do - and plenty other things. Dead cheap, reliable, fun to work with.

Gunnar Englund
--------------------------------------
100 % recycled posting: Electrons, ideas, finger-tips have been used over and over again...

Easy if you are an electronics guy... but not everyone is.

Rocco,

Have a look at the 'smart relays' like the A-B Pico, The Moeller equivalent, the Telemecanique equivalent, the Siemens Logo! and similar products. They're easy to program and relatively cheap.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

I agree with the last two recommendations if this is not a product and with the first if it is.

Here's my smart relay 'reach for':

You will want one of those relays, a programming cable, the free programming software, a twist switch, and a lit push button. All of which is available on that site. Light the push button once the process is underway.

And about a day of work assembling it all and programming it to your ideal.

Keith Cress
kcress -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back