on off period valve control

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitrisbronowski

Electrical
Apr 20, 2015
PT
Good afternoon everybody!
I would like to ask a question on valves.
I have a system that has a flow through a pipe of 50liters per minute (3000liters per hour). I want to install a valve that can be controlled to open and close in intervals. For example I want to be able to open the valve for 15 seconds and close it for 30, and then repeat. For the mentioned flow and the timescale of seconds or few minutes is there any equipment that you can suggest to me that can do this operation?
Thank you!
Dimitris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Either a dedicated timer or a PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers).

Idec calls this timer function Recycler Outputs.

repeat_cycle_timer_idec_s_Recycler_Outputs.jpg

Idec's catalog here:

Depending on the rating of the timer's output relay, you might (probably) will have to use an interposing relay to drive the electrical load (the pump motor).

Crydom, Eagle Signal (now Danaher Specialty), ATC are other brand names along with probably 200 others. Their terminology may differ slightly.

Micro PLCs have dropped in cost to where they're little more than a dedicated timer. If the settings have to be locked out from prying fingers, then a PLC has the security of needing its program uploaded or downloaded. But if you're asking this question, the learning curve to program a PLC will outweigh any other factor in favor of a dedicated timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back