Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

One Stop Border Post Design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennydalglish

Civil/Environmental
Mar 5, 2009
SL
I am designing a one stop border post which will include a police post, customs office, toll gate facilities, weigh bridge, scanners, filling station, hotels, restaurant etc etc. Can anyone provide a layout for such a facility

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Kennydalglish:
Do you want the plans for the three hotel, 37 room version, or the plans for the two hotel, 16 room version? And, do you want the police post on the right or the left, looking from the north?

You can use Google Earth to look at hundreds, maybe thousands, of border crossings all around the world. I doubt any two are alike. Certainly the ones I have seen in Google Earth and the half dozen or so USA-Canada border crossings I have driven through are all different. That being said, Google Earth is a good starting point for seeing how other engineers have laid out border crossing posts. You need to consider "functional layout" (a term I learned from working with architects that describes how rooms with similar and different functions and paths of travel should be located with respect to each other.), site constraints, security requirements, etc., much like any other civil layout.

============
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

Are you thinking something like the attached? This is the final markup I have for one I did a couple of years back...

image_oan3gg.png

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

The right hand side of the structure is unheated in an area where the temp in winter can often be -40. There's a barrier to the right of the building with a gate.

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

here is the land port of entry for San Ysidro (Tijuana). no hotel and the mall/restaurant/filling station/post office are across the street. the Federales police is on the south side of the border. the express crossing is to the left in the river. not a lot of detail for security reasons

image_ke0i97.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back