Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Online MSEE programs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennieb

Electrical
Mar 27, 2008
US
Hello,
I am currently taking courses at U of Idaho Engineering Outreach. The only things I believe is missing is the realtime interaction between students and students-professor. The other thing is the use of more modern day tools to prepare you to add value to employers immedaitely:ie. MATLAB, PSPICE, Microwave Office, etc.
The question is anyone enrolled in an MSEE online elsewhere such as ePoly or Villanova? Those are the two schools I am considering. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am not unhappy, but I ma just trying to get the most for my money.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm just over a year away from finishing an MEEE (Master of Engineering - non-thesis) through the U of I program and am generally very pleased with the program (but not the course this semester). I've learned a lot about MathCAD, which I now use regularly in my work; a fair amount of MatLab in one class which I don't use at work at all; a usable amount of ATP, which did allow solving a problem that would otherwise have been roughly approximated at best; even did some work in PSSE. I have no idea where PSPICE would ever be useful, nor have I run into it in any classes. Never heard of Microwave Office (is that even spelled correctly?). I think you get out of it what you put into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back