Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open file window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Industrial
Feb 26, 2004
BE
Hello,

How can i do to see only: *.CATPART, *.CATPRODUCT, *.CATDRAWING when i open file with catia V5 R12

Thinks

Dominique

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Dominique,

Its simple. in the open window u will be having the "Files of Type" tab wherein u can select the types u want which again will display the files. by default it will be set to all files. u can change those to see the result.

bye
Ashvanth

Ok Ashvanth, but i want delete the list of "Files of type", i will keep only catpart, cartproduct and catdrawing for example

Dominique

Hi Dominique,

i don't think that its possible for u to delete the List of "Files Of type", bcoz the DS people have programmed it like that. (i.e) all file types wud appear in the pull down list so that the user can selsct the requiered type of the file that he wants. so its a common stuff that u can c in almost all softwares. not only in CATIA but also in all others open window. anyways if there's a solution for this let me know.

bye
ashvanth

"Files of type:" filters the files that you will see in the folder that is open. You can also type in a filter where it says, "File name". The filter that would work for what you want is *CAT* (enter). This will show any file with "CAT" in it, if you just want parts: *part, the asterist at the end is not needed. This is not the way I search, I usually know part of the number or name of the file, which reduces the number of files shown. You have many option with the use of wild cards (*). If you search with *4*7*part it will show all files with "4" and "7" and "part".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back