Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open-top, sloped-bottom tank with hopper-fed pump for oil and grease receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyerc

Civil/Environmental
Jul 3, 2013
US
We are wanting to utilize the oil and grease pumped out of our lift stations. Because we use a Vac-con truck, we have to dump the gathered material rather than reverse pump it into a septage receiving station. I need an open-top, sloped bottom 20 cubic yard tank with a hopper-fed solids-handling pump that can move the material horizontally to our septage receiving station for processing. I need to come up with a vague budget number for a funding request (estimated labor, estimated materials). There does not need to be any finalized designs. Just a budget number, keeping in mind that it might need to be designed (if not prefabricated) and installed. Does anyone know of any firms willing to offer that minimal service for free for Yosemite National Park (keeping in mind we'd be inclined to hire them once the funding was granted) or does anyone know of a firm who manufactures such a system? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Can't answer your question re. a local firm, the following assumes you go with bimrs approach.

Regarding a budget number, over here (Germany) I would make a sketch look up a shaftless screw conveyor in the catalogue of a farming supplier (because that's the quickes way to get a price) and estimate the cost of a concrete tank from material volume. Farming supplier because that's where you (again, over here) find an online catalogue with actual prices for machinery (and because of
This budgetary number would of course not include engieering, permitting if neccessary, labour, electrical/control works ...

Of course finding a company that builds just what you need and is willing to give you a budget without having a planning contract would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back