Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

opening photoshop image

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigiswedroe

Structural
Jul 16, 2003
US
hello. Im trying to open a scanned image in cad but uts not happening at all! Im not able to manipulate or use it in any floor plans! What to do??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
how did You work? Which Ac-version are You running?
I use "_image"... It's like to insert a block.
How many mB have the images (not to big I hope [wink] ). The Layer is ok?

Please reply, Lothar

Win NT4.0(SP6),2000(SP3)
AC 2000i(SP2), ADT 3.0(SP3),
AC 2002, ADT 3.3,
AC 2004, ADT 2004

Ok. I scanned it in an old version of photoshop (6 or 4) as a bmp, psd, you name it and it has been scanned thus. Then when i try to insert in cadd, it just comes in as a small picture, no vector. I cant window in on one specific place or nothin! I have been suggested to get a program that does the conversion but if there is a simpler way im all ears.

Hi,
Based on what you're sayin' ...
You must have the wrong impression about scanned images.

PhotoShop doesn't export vector drawings.
The formats in Photoshop only give you pictures ... [sadeyes]

If you're looking for a vector OUTPUT file ... Photoshop is not your software.

Photoshop is the 1st step. Getting the picture (raster) format.

The NEXT step is to take that raster (picture) format (BMP, TIF, JPG, ... etc ..) And run a "VECTORIZATION" program over that ... to produce a vector file.

OR you can manually trace your self, which is a "manual vectorization". [sadeyes]

BorgUnit mentioned as a possible tool for vectorizing.

Other threads on the subject would be ...

thread555-39721
thread555-31192
thread555-39065

Hope that helps! [rednose]

Architech thanks so much for your help! You were very helpful. I think im just gonna have to talk my boss into purchasing a vectorization program instead of just downloading illustrator and retracing everything ( manual vectorization). Thanks again!

gigiswedroe,

We have encountered this problem many times. The best program that we found was CAD Overlay 2000i. It is an Autodesk program and you use it in AutoCAD.

Redneck, I went on the autodesk website and was unable to get any information on this product! Any advice, numbers to call...anything!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back