Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Opening second NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taner41

Mechanical
Sep 3, 2014
FI
Hello, is it possible to open the 2nd NX when one is already open? Without Teamcenter it was possible and it was quite handy to work 2 projects at the same time. I have NX9 and Teamcenter 10.
Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, but it is not a recommended practice by Siemens. It opens up the potential to open the same part, in two sessions, and save the wrong one (been there, done that).

Anyway, the process involves editing the start_nxmanager.bat file. If you search the Siemens "Solution center" for: "How to launch NX without launching Teamcenter and use AW from NX". You should get some info, this is where I started.

Use with caution.

-Dave

NX 9, Teamcenter 10

It deals with the local cache files and your workspaces. By default, I think, TeamCenter uses 1 workspace per user so all NX sessions would be connected to the same workspace and this frowned on by the software. Maybe if you modify the start up bat file to create another cache folder, it will work without issues. (Never used TeamCenter, but I do manager a PTC Windchill installation and we have the same issues.)

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

You can work one NX system Native and work NX system the other in Teamcenter. But if you are doing two projects at time this will probably cause many headaches. I have exported files from teamcenter and use them as reference as I was working in NX teamcenter managed mode. If you are working on an individual part this maybe a good work around. If you are doing assemblies then this may be a little bit more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back