Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Optimization in Solidworks Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinbancud

Bioengineer
Jun 27, 2012
PH
Im trying to use optimization in Solidworks simulation. Im following tutorials online but I noticed that I don't have the "Optimization" button when I try to make a new study. I only have Static, Frequency, Buckling, Thermal, Drop Test, Fatigue, Nonlinear, Linear Dynamic and Pressure Vessel Design. Would there be any setting where I should activate the button? Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Im using solidworks 2010 premium. Is it possible that i have a lower version of simulation that does not do optimization? Thanks a lot!

I think I might have found my problem. Would you know if a solidworks premium, using the simulation add-in, have an optimization button? Maybe because I was watching a tutorial using a Solidworks Simulation Professional and it was a different software. And when I tried using the Design Study from the link that you gave me and set the Goal Sensor as Max Stress, it says that I cannot use simualation data as a sensor on my current license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back