Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Options for Phase Differential Post Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveChas

Civil/Environmental
Mar 22, 2012
US

I performed an RTK survey recently where the rover was out of range of the base station radio for large portions of the site. I will be returning to the site to collect missing data in the next few weeks and want to make sure I can get everything I need with minimal fuss (surveying is just one small part of the field program).
I intend to use a longer rod and a longer antennae on the rover. I will also be taking a repeater. I hope that these changes will ensure I can 'hear' the radio everywhere on site.
As an alternate/backup option, I understand that phase differential post processing can be used to apply the base correction back at the office once the work is complete (acceptable as I do not need real time results).
I see that Carlson has a software to do this (SurvGNSS) and so does a company called Effigis (EZSurv). I have not received a quote on the latter yet, but the Carlson software is about $5000 (outside the budget for this case).
My questions are two:
- Are you aware of alternatives to the above software (which are, preferably, more inexpensive)?
- Are you aware of anyone offering phase differential post processing as a service?
Thanks very much in advance,
Best Regards,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back