Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ORDINAL DIMENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORDVI

Mechanical
Nov 9, 2002
MX
I want a TIP to make a table with the values of the ordinal dimensions.

When I make a draw whit a lot of dimensions, the draw became unreadable. Thas why a put the values in a excel table, but i do that manually.

If anyone can't help me to do the same in better way, I'll appreciate.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is an interesting problem. I once had a job designing multi-spindle drill heads that had arrays of gears in AutoCAD, like a car transmission. Typical heads had 15-45 gears. We used a bore chart for (X,Y) dimensions of bearing bore and dowel pin locations, with a LISP program to insert the bore locations into a chart as the centers were picked. However, the dimensions were not associative and needed to be updated by hand.

I am trying to visualise a way to accomplish this in SW. Perhaps using a note instead of an Excel file, and linking note parameters to the ordinate dimensions?

[bat]I may make you feel, but I can't make you think.[bat]

Are all of the dimensions needed? Meaning, can some of the dimension that are not needed be hidden in the drawing. I dont know if the operation of hidding or unhidding the dims in the drawing can be automated with parameters using api or a macro, havent run across this situation before.

Just a thought.

Jay

I hope you're not trying to place all dimensions in a single drawing view?

Wanna Tip? faq731-376
"Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back