Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

*ORIENTATDION; DEFINITION=NODES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Souaveck

Mechanical
Sep 8, 2007
GB
Hi there

I have a problem which is connected with abaqus but the issue occured in HM so I decided put the topic here.
My question is: how to create in HyperMesh8.0SR1 *orientation for abaqus which is based on nodes and NOT on coordinates as the Hypermesh is traying to forced me to do.
The interesting thing is that when I will create card manualy in text file:

*orientation, name = blablabla
definition = nodes
n1, n2, n3

and will import it into HM, then I will try to edit CARD of the system -
the checkbox "node based system with origin" is visible!!
When Im trying do it without importing (just by editing existing system card) there is only "system origin" in place where for imported orientation is "node based system with origin"

Does anyone had this same problem? How did you solve it? I cant correct it in input deck. I need it to my macro so it has to be done in HM.
Thanks in advance for your help

Kind Regards
Souaveck

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, no no.. small misunderstanding :)
I have already got created system based on 3 nodes. It works fine, but when im changing card to *orientation there is no possibility to have this listed as "definition=nodes" By default there is "definition=coordinates" and there is no way to change it.
It looks like a software bug because on my workstation at work sometimes im able to change it to NODES, sometimes im not.
anyway.. it looks I have found a bit tricky way.. Will describe it as soon as I will check it :)

Regards
Slawek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back