Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Origin stuck on another viewport 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Marfell

Mechanical
Aug 4, 2016
GB
Hi,

For some reason my origin has moved on a separate viewport to my model. So when I draw a line on the model, the line is repeated on the other viewport but in another place (as it isn't aligned). Does anyone know how to delete other viewports without deleting the model?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Lisa,

It's difficult to explain without being there, but I'll have a go.

Bare with me if I explain something you already know.

Viewports are like looking through holes in the paper you'll be plotting on (paperspace). When you look through a 'hole' you see what is in the model (modelspace).

You could have several veiwports looking at the same thing in the model. (There are several useful reasons why you would do this).

To delete a veiwport in paperspace, just left click once to select it and hit delete. It won't delete the drawing in the model as it's only a 'hole' in paperspace.

Another solution is to double click inside the veiwport, then pan the what the viewport is looking at out of the way, then double click outside of the viewport to get back into paperspace.

You will need to practice with locking and unlocking viewports so you don't get into trouble with zooming.

Just to say also, there's always more than one way to achieve what you want to do, shortcuts and techniques etc, so experiment. If you get stuck, shout!

Hope that helps.

Simon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back