Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Orthotropic Properties of PZT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwawaynerd

Mechanical
Jun 26, 2023
AU
Hi all,

I am designing ultrasonic transducer in Abaqus. I have difficulty in defining orthotropic properties of the PZT. Since, the supplier datasheet does not contain much information about orthotropic behaviour of the PZT, therefore I need to find it by myself. I am writing here to seek help from the community if anyone has a code/script that can find the orthotropic properties of the PZT by providing the relevant data from the manufacturer datasheet. Or if there is any link where I can get useful information regarding this.
Thanks

Being normal is a gift to some, others put tremendous amount of energy to be normal.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The formulas to calculate unknowns are available in research papers. What I meant was if someone had written a script for those formulas. So I would just need to insert the known values from the datasheet for different materials to extract the unknown values for orthotropic properties.
I am actually testing different materials with different dimensions. So it is kind of a repetitive task, and I am looking for a script or code.

Being normal is a gift to some, others put tremendous amount of energy to be normal.

In such a case, the easiest way might be to use CAS software like SMath, wxMaxima or Calcpad. There you can enter the formulas and change the inputs to get results for different variants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back