Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Out of context surface offset (copy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pevac

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2003
AU
I was wondering if other people have noticed that when you offset with 0 (copy) surfaces from one part into another part (via assembly in-context) and automatically break references the surfaces have a tendency to sometimes dissappear?

This is making me nervous because I have many parts which use the offset surfaces in-context which I would like to break the in-context relationship.

Any thoughts?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wow, this is scary! I just finished a design using this same exact method. Does this mean if I open the part 3 months for now, that my part will have errors because it can't find the surface?

Macduff [spin]
Colin Fitzpatrick
Mechanical Design Engineer
Solidworks 2006 SP 4.1
Dell 380 XP Pro SP 2
nVida Quadro FX 3450/4000

Yes it does, but it looks like it only happens if you do a forced rebuild (Control + q) and I think they may have fixed it in the new service pack.

I will see today and post what I found. I've also sent the files to my VAR and they are sending it to Solidworks so keep an eye here, I'll post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back