Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Outlook Mail - Giant Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
Back in March of 2018, I was given some code files from Handleman to place in the same folder as Outlook ran from. They made it so whenever I got mail, a giant sign popped up telling me because I often don't notice the little symbol that is standard and I wouldn't reply to my bosses emails for over an hour after I got them.

This worked awesome for me!

Recently I got a new computer with Windows 10 and Outlook 2013.
I put the four files I was given in the folder with the Outlook.exe like last time and I enabled all macros.

It doesn't seem to work. Is it Windows 10 that is causing the problem maybe? Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Link to original thread

image_fbpgjl.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ken,

In addition to adding the "four files I was given in the folder with the Outlook.exe like last time and I enabled all macros" did you also...IMPORT the "code Module, Class Module, and UserForm" that were posted?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

You are right. I completely missed that instruction at the bottom. lol

However, now I am lost because the only way I have found to import is through FILE > OPEN & EXPORT > IMPORT EXPORT
Then this window pops up.

image_iuhu7y.png

I cant seem to figure out what to click to import those files. Whatever I click seems to not see those files.
If I click on IMPORT FROM ANOTHER PROGRAM OR FILE ... It then gives me this window and neither seems to work....

image_vpiu91.png

Alt+F11 toggles between the application interface and the VB editor.
In the editor, view the Project.
In the Project tree, right-click to import modules and userforms.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

LOL I can be so much a fool sometimes! lol I knew that with excel. I use ALT+F11 all the time for that. For some reason it never even popped in my head that it would do the same thing for Outlook. lol

Skip, you never seize to have the right answers for me. Whether for God or code. Thank you once again. [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back