Overhead Crane Safety Rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustavo Silvano

Industrial
Aug 12, 2016
BR
Hello there!

I'm an engineer working at a steel mill, here in Brazil. What we want to do is to design a safety rod to guide overhead loads, so that we don't need to use our hand to move it. We currently desingned the rods attached, but what I'm concerned is when they need to get up to the pile of product. It'll be hard to bring the rod with them. Is there a solution for this kind of problem that you already know?

Best regards.

Gustavo

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=67d72329-87f9-4522-abc5-9db16322216c&file=Safety_Rod_2.png
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure how the rod is being used, another word is it to align the suspended load with the pile on the ground or is it just to minimize swaying of the suspended load. Also what do you mean by "... when they need to get up to the pile of product." Do you mean as the workers approach the pile or if the worker is getting on the top of the lowest pile so as to stack up to a higher level? If it is to minimize swaying of the suspended loads, then, all activities I am acquainted with is to use ropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back