Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Overlapping solids and sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

jettocrack

Industrial
Feb 20, 2013
ES
Not sure if there's an easy workarround for this...

I'm currently trying to use Solidedge for some sort of factory foundations layouts, in order to get a parametric 3D model of all the elements involved.

Due to the nature of the work, I have a lot of 3D overlapping in the final assembly (for example between beams and their surrounding concreting), with only one problem: whenever you get a section for two or more overlapping solids, their filling in the draft gets also overlapped. It's not a big deal, but it makes drafts not so easily readable. You can see an example here:

overlapping.png

You can't get what I show in the bottom section unless you really remove the sphere from the cube in the 3D model, which is not an option for my complex model.

Is there a way to configure what should Solid Edge do when there's a 3D overlap within sections? For example, having some parts with higher priority than others in order to show their filling in those cases? I would love to avoid having to do "manual" stuff within the drafts, since they are quite complex.

Any ideas?

Much thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, I know that option. However, my idea was being able to avoid manual filling, although I'm not sure if it's possible.

The draft is quite complex, and having to do manual stuff will be a big drawback for my purpose, specially because it will be getting a high number of updates.

Thanks in any case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back