Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Overwrite bulk cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRaven

Aerospace
Oct 14, 2015
AT
Hi alls,

It would be useful to overwrite bulk Card in automated way. No idea if is possible.
I found something like the delete command ("/") but it Looks like is absolutelly not what I'm searching for. I add an example below.

For smaller bdf that would not help a lot, but for extemelly complex bdf with nested include, that would be an epocal change...

Is it possible to do so (or am I the only one that feel this Need).

Thanks a lot
Saverio
Forum noob

For example, let's suppose I have in my deck the following Card
CQUAD4 1 1 1 2 5 4

And I would like to update this Card (i.e. for a new property) as follow
CQUAD4 1 2 1 2 5 4

I have to manually search for this Card and either change or comment/retype it
$CQUAD4 1 1 1 2 5 4
CQUAD4 1 2 1 2 5 4

It would be extremelly useful to have a way to change it directly from the deck (for example typing something like in the bottom of your bulk section)
/delete cquad4,1
CQUAD4 1 2 1 2 5 4

in wich the first line delete the previous Card and the second line define the new one...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Don't know...

What does /ENTRY1 does and how it work?

What I would to do is either delete a Card with a command or enable to overwrite it.

For example, to update the property of the cquad I used in the example, I have to search for it and modify it (not always easy with nested include in big file or with several Card to be updated)
It would be good if I could
1) overwrite it without have any fatal (example 1)
2) delete it with a command line and than retype it (example 2)

Example 1)
"Magic Parameter activating overwrite"
CQUAD4 1 1 1 2 5 4
CQUAD4 1 2 1 2 5 4
NASTRAN overwrite the first line with the second line (actually I have an obvious fatal as field 2 is not unique)

Example 2)
"Magic Card to delete CQUAD4 1"
CQUAD4 1 2 1 2 5 4
In this case the "wrong" Card is deleted before type a new one

The only method I know is the use of the statement "/ENTRY1".
To use it you need first to run an analysis using

ECHO = SORTED

in the CASE. In this way, in your .f06 file you will have all your elements listed. What you need is the ENTRY COUNT, which identifies each element.

One you know the number of the element you want to overwrite you can run another analysis having, in your BULK, the following statements:

assuming you want to overwrite the element with ENTRY COUNT 2

/,2
CQUAD4 .... (here define your new element)

If you need to remove more than one element you can use this:

/ENTRY1,ENTRY2

which will delelete all the elements between ENTRY1 and ENTRY2

Hope this help
Regards

Thanks, it helps (even if not 100% what I was looking for).

First:
the echo = sort Option solverd the Problem of why I delete random entries! I didn't understood how they was numbering and you solved me this Problem. Now delete Card works perfectly (in fact it was pretty logic...)

Second:
THis trick works only on restart. I was hoping there is something to do it in the first run, but ok... I can live with the restart sistem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back