Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P, F, and D determination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halbleib

Industrial
Oct 19, 2000
US
I recently began work at a company that is requiring me to time study and document new assembly lines that are being implemented. I have no trouble with that particular procedure, however, when it comes to determining the personal, delay, and fatigue factors, I have some worries as to wether or not I am allotting enough (or too much) allowance in those fields, I would appreciate advice from anyone with information regarding those calculations.

Thanks!! [sig][/sig]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

DEAR SIR,
I WOULD LIKE O FURTHER DISCUSS THE INDUSTRY YOU ARE IN AND THE PROCESS YOU RE IDENTIFIED.
PLEAS REPLY TO DISCUSS THIS FURTHER.
THANKS,
M. MOKRI

M. Mokri:

My facility manufactures high end cooking appliances for residential use. Our assembly lines are not traditional assemblies lines but more like assembly cells....

We are implementing a JIT/Pull system of manufacturing and believe in having operators "flex" to other areas when work cells are beginning to bottleneck.

I do have some information of P,F, and D calculations but "borrowed" it from a colleague working at another company. The allowances I have were determined and agreed upon by management and the union at my colleague's company.

I am interested in obtaining more general information to set up our system here...

Thank you.

PBH

MR. HALBLEIB,

SORRY FOR DLAYED REPLY. I HAVE A WORK SHEET FORM TO FORWARD, PLEASE SEND ME YOUR E:MAIL TO MMOKRI@KSI.COM.
THANKS,

M. MOKRI

M. Mokri:

I would like the opportunity to view the worksheet you speak of. I would appreciate it if you could send it via e-mail to phalblei@subzero.com.

Thanks again. I look forward to hearing from you.

PBH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back