Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P4 Authorized Inspector Signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmillercwi

Materials
Jul 19, 2006
US

I hope someone here can help me. I was reviewing several P4 data reports for new replacment superheaters going into a boiler that had been in prior service. In the final certificate of shop inspection on the back of the P4, some of the data reports have the AI's commissioning number next to state number on the "commissions"line and some dont.

These data reports do not have an assigned Nat'l BD number. I was advised from a colleage when there is no assigned Nat'l Bd number, the AI is NOT to include his personal commissioning number on the final signoff. Just his name and state number.

If this correct, why?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Nevermind. I looked it up in the code book. (duh)

It doesnt give an answer why but the requirement is there.

NB do not want the AI to use his NB commission No. when the MDR is not registered with National Board. At NB training courses Commissioned Inspectors are said so: apparently when NB Commission No. is addressed, the NB take responsibility of the behavier of the AI. and Mauro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back