Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pacejka data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitelblendo

Mechanical
Apr 18, 2001
IT
In order to simulate the dynamics of a vehicle, I need tire data in the form of Magic Formula coefficients.
Anyone knows where to find such data?

Thank you in advance for your help

Belondo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would look at the following resources:

Milliken Research: ADAMS: & Other: &
I got these from doing a Google search ( or Google is always a good place to begin looking for information.

If you find any good information, please post it back to this thread.

Hope this helps. Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew
m.loew@ssss.com

I haven't checked, but I bet none of them give actual coefficients. There seems to be a conspiracy of silence about this, and reading the technical agreement we've got with our supplier, I can't break it. None of the SAE papers I've read (for example) give actual coefficients. Sorry.

On the other hand, the curves generated by a FlatTrac machine are available on the web (I found them in 10 minutes of googling), and the actual equations are known, so it shouldn't take an enterprising person too long to devise a curve fitting algorithm to generate coefficients.

Of course, one problem is that you have to decide which Magic formula you are using - I've come across at least 5 variants. Cheers

Greg Locock

I realize that this post is very old, however I found the following SAE paper most useful when I need some Magic formula data on a measured tyre for a range of normal loads.

d'ENTREMONT,K.L., 'The Behavior of Tyre-Force Model Parameters Under Extreme Operating Conditions,' SAE Paper 970558

Cheers

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back